Quotes by Lou Holtz
Don't be a spectator, don't let life pass you by.
- How you respond to the challenge in the second half will determine what you become after the game, whether you are a winner or a loser.
- I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary.
- I never learn anything talking. I only learn things when I ask questions.
- I think everyone should experience defeat at least once during their career. You learn a lot from it.
- If he's got golf clubs in his truck or a camper in his driveway, I don't hire him.
- If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.
- If you burn your neighbors house down, it doesn't make your house look any better.
- If you're bored with life - you don't get up every morning with a burning desire to do things - you don't have enough goals.
- In the successful organization, no detail is too small to escape close attention.
- It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.
- It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.
- Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
- Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.
- No one has ever drowned in sweat.
- Show me someone who has done something worthwhile, and I'll show you someone who has overcome adversity.
- The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it.
- You'll never get ahead of anyone as long as you try to get even with him.
- You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose.
- When all is said and done, more is said than done.